LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

With all the blessings of being a TCK come all the challenges as well--Who am I? Where is home? Where do I belong?

Though I've come a long ways in my search for the answers, I find that I still continue to struggle with these issues. And as much as I want the issues to be resolved, I must remind myself that it is a journey, a journey to find my own voice, not that of someone else. I must be patient with myself and not rush to answers that are not my own and to a voice that is not mine. Maria Rilke said it best:

"...be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now."
-Letters to a Young Poet

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger kenkai said...

hi there... it seems that you have a natural zest for life - you being a TCK and everything... but i'm trully baffled... what does TCK exactly means? just asking.

hey.. i like the way you write your stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home