LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Heart of a TCK--finding roots in relationships

One TCK put it this way when describing his roots,

"I am a mix of many cultures and my roots extend very far. My strongest roots do not lie in a place but in relationships. So, although I am a"hybrid," when I move I make my home, not by putting down geographic roots, but by building friendships. The more connected I am to people, the more connected I am to a place. . . Saying good-bye to good friends is extremely painful, but I would far rather suffer that kind of pain, than the pain of loneliness" (www.tckworld.com)

He is right on when he says that the more I am connected to people, the more I am connected to that place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home