LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Heart of a TCK--Part Five

As I mentioned earlier, with the alienation came a sense of shame. I felt looked down upon by others in the Chinese community. It was as if there was something wrong with me. Somehow, I was not good enough just as I was. And the interesting thing is that instead of pushing myself to learn the language well so I could fit in, I pulled away from the Chinese community. I became silent and sort of hid in the background. And before I knew it, I simply did not know how to connect with them anymore.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger JHC said...

Thanks for the challenge; it's something for me to keep in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home