LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Wild at Heart

I just reread a few chapters of "Wild at Heart" last night and found something very insightful. The author states that men should not be looking for their sense of masculinity from women. He tells the reader "...stop looking to her to validate you, stop trying to make her come through for you, stop trying to get your answer from her." He implores men to release her as the one who is supposed to make them a man. Instead of going to the woman, a man needs to get away by himself and do some soul searching to find himself. Only then can he came back with the answers--an understanding of his mission, his life purpose, his name--and have something to invite the woman into. Only then can he go to the woman and offer her his strength, instead of going to her to get his strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home