LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

A restless heart

Lately my heart has been restless, especially at night. Rather than going to sleep at a decent hour such as 11:00 or 12:00 pm, I find that my heart is not ready to get tucked in and get some rest. It wants to stay up to seek for something, to wait for something. And I am not sure what that something is. My heart longs to be satisfied, and paradoxically, it, though restless, longs for rest.

Lord Jesus, you said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). Lord, would you grant me the grace to come to you, just as I am, with all my restlessness, and not to turn to TV or other forms of entertainment to drown out the restlessness in my heart? Would you grant me the grace to come to you with open hands to receive you and the rest you long to give me? Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home