LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Heart of a TCK--Facing reality

However much I may long to be 100% Chinese and fit in with them, I must face reality and come to terms with it. The reality is that I will never be like the Chinese who spent their whole lives in China or Taiwan. They've grown up with a way of viewing the world that's completely different from mine. By virtue of growing up in the same country, they share a common background. They grew up watching the same TV shows, listening to the same types of music, went through the same school system, etc. The truth is, I'll always be seen as different.

Now, is that necessarily a bad thing? No, of course not. Being different is not a bad thing, but it sure would be nice to fit in for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home