LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Heart of a TCK--Belonging

So the heart of a TCK like me wants to belong. Growing up with a sense of always being on the fringe has been difficult. It's one thing to adjust to a new culture and to try not to stand out, but it's another thing to actually belong. I suppose I will never really belong with one particular culture and in one particular place. Perhaps where I belong is in my relationship with other TCKs like me, who also feel that sense of rootlessness.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Kuki said...

I understand what you mean... Really difficult and painful... Kuki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home