LIVING FROM THE HEART

This is a blog about the everyday events of my life--what drives me, what encourages and discourages me, what touches and nurtures my heart...what makes me who I am.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Benefits of being a TCK--making the world my home

Being a TCK means that I have friends from and in all parts of the world. Two of my high school classmates are back in Finland, one in Sweden, one in Korea, two in Taiwan, one in Africa, and some are here in the U.S. While my parents are in Bolivia, most of my relatives are in Taiwan. Being a TCK, I kind of see the world as my country. A college graduate from L.A. moving to Boston for a job would be the equivalent of me moving from L.A. to Shanghai. Packing up, moving, and adjusting to a new culture is not so difficult for me. It's just something I do almost automatically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home